Tidbits of Inspo #3 - Your Fall Garden
So, tomorrow is the big day. I go in for a second total hip replacement. I have been busting my buns getting everything as ready as I can for hubby to take care of things while I am laid up.
Inside the potting shed has been cleaned from top to toe. Ready for me to go in to putter later in the year, or maybe not till the new year. Either way, it is all ready for the next project, whatever that may be.
I cleaned up the two trays of cured garlic and separated them into planting bulbs with big cloves and put the smaller ones aside for eating and sharing. I forgot to take a picture, but they are cleaned up and sitting inside the workshop/potting shed, in case the nights start to get too dewy or humid.
![]() |
| My herb table... these pots will soon go into the workshop, as well. |
Here are some more ideas and inspiration for your garden, greenhouse, and kitchen.
Gardens Inspired
If you are doing fall planting this year, using a cold frame is one of the easiest ways to grow (on the cusp seasons -spring and fall). How to Use a Cold Frame for Fall Gardening. Dare I say, a cold frame is even better than a greenhouse!
9 Ways to Refresh Your Summer Container Gardens for Fall - I wish I was doing up some fall planters! i planted up my front pots for each season. This year, my gardening season comes to a close this week, as I get my new hip, but I keep telling myself that there is always next year, eh? A gardener's motto!
Wait, Why the Heck Are People Sprinkling Flour in Their Yards? A Landscaping Pro Weighs In - Hmm.
Sowing seeds - expert tips for more flowers and better germination - not all of these will overwinter if planted out this fall in our zone 3 gardens, but a good article. I like the start it now and plant out in spring idea, too.
![]() |
| Renee's has Apricotta Cosmos now, too. |
Renee's Garden Seeds has some really lovely new releases! You know me, always checking out the cosmos and zinnias, but they also have tomatoes. My favourite things.
![]() |
| Potting Bench Plans | Refresh Restyle |
This bench looks like it would be fairly easy and inexpensive to make. It is cute, too. The dark stain really makes it. Potting Bench Plans | Refresh Restyle
![]() |
| These are my benches. See the link in the link below. I stained them with a dark walnut stain as I wanted to add some panache, something to pop against all the white. |
Alternately, if you do not have the tools, time, or ability to make one yourself, here are some Amazon ones that are really nice!
- This one has a sink and faucet! Plus an upper shelf with hooks to hang your tools. $160 CAD.
- This one comes in 4 colours, but I love the dark blue! Also has that upper shelf and hooks. $160
- Love this one. Comes with a cupboard to hide stuff away, a galvanized top, and top shelf. $180.
- I have two of these! They have two shelves and a galvanized metal top, hooks on the sides for my tools and cleaning supplies. I love them. $177.
Have A Great Week All, Take Care Of Yourselves ~ Tanja








Comments
Post a Comment