Tidbits of Inspo#2 (Artsy Stuff)

 

Can you believe how fast this month is slipping by? The apples are ripening, ready for making into juice. We've been picking raspberries, freezing them, making jams and sauces for winter. 

Cucumbers are coming on fast and furious (finally), but tomatoes are still not ripe. We will have one cherry tomato ripe in a day or two. Seriously. My gardening soul is dying, lol. 

Anyway, here are some things I found over the past few weeks, things that caught my eye that I want to remember for later... recipes, greenhouse ideas, and whatnots. Check out the diy seedpackets down in the homey inspo area!  

So smart! 
My Greenhouse Debut! - Chair Whimsy - this is a very colourful, cute little greenhouse. Go to her blog and check it out. I love the flooring, the Dutch door, and these diy folding shelves. 

The potting shed is kind of in waiting mode, at the moment. Waiting for me to start drying flower seeds, garlic, onions, flowers for keeping over winter (statice)...  

I also have folding down shelves along one side of the potting shed. We used these metal folding shelf brackets - super hardy and easy to use. I have them up for my seed starting in spring, down to make room for workshops, up for potted plants in the fall again.  

I have three shelves all along that wall. They were measured out so that I could put 10 (maybe 12?) seedling flats along those south facing windows. 


I found this lovely greenhouse on the internet (was unable to find the original poster, so if it is yours, let me know so I can credit you) and I cannot read that watermark. 

Wouldn't his one be amazing for holding workshops? Making baskets, seed starting, or even flower arranging. Absolutely love this one. 

Instagram

I also found this amazing greenhouse that would be so lovely to putter and grow in, eh? See more by clicking on the Instagram link above. 

Start the seedlings on the bench, plant them in the garden bed, fill the bench with potted plants for the summer.  

How to Make Alfalfa Tea Fertilizer for Garden Plants ~ Homestead and Chill - This is a great fertiliser for seedlings, potted plants, and the garden. I make my alfalfa tea a little bit different, see my recipe here. 

Watering during a heat wave - We're not having one here in Alberta, but the rest of Canada has been pretty hot and dry. 

23 Rain Chain Garden Ideas That Make Rainy Days Worth Watching

One of the bloggers I follow was mentioning that she loves her rain chain birdbath. Of course, I went to the site where she got hers from, but it was from France and more than I could spend. The idea is fantastic though. 

Her birdbath was actually attached to the rain chain, which was cool, but I found this similar idea (above) where one could have the birdbath right below the rain chain, or get a wall mounted birdbath (the choices for wall mounted on Amazon are limited, but Etsy has lots of pretty ones).  

As an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission if you were to buy something from one of my links. Thank you so much! 

Homey Inspo

This is going on the honey-do-list. 

Indoor Drying Rack for the Laundry Room - I really need one of these, actually 2! 

Seed_Packets_GRN0126.pdf - these are the cutest little seed packets. Perfect timing as we start to harvest seeds from our cosmos, sweet peas, and zinnias. Remember that the seeds may not come true to the parent flower that you took the seeds from - hybrids can give you many different seed colours from the same flower! 

After reading these two posts, I started doing a few doodles a day. So far, I am just sketching/doodling. No paint has been involved. I hope to start that later, as I make this a more regular thing to improve my drawing skills/art skills. Am having fun with it, though no improvements have been noticed thus far ; ) 
    Naan bread and tortillas

    I made both Naan and tortillas with my sourdough last week. 
    This week, I made 1-hour buns for hubby, as he is still having a bit of a time with swallowing after his esophagectomy. The buns are soft and fluffy, fast to make. I also made my favourite dense caraway rye bread - I am the only one that eats this European rye bread, unless my son is visiting. 
Baking

This photo is from last year, but we have already started making pickled gherkins by the jarful! 
Recipes

Are you looking for a use for your two day old sourdough? This time of year, when the veggies are fresh from the garden, a bread salad is one of my most favourite things to eat. Here are 3 different recipes to try.. or check them out and tweak to make your own : ) 


I hope you all are having a magical summer. 
Only two weeks till back to school. It is crazy how fast August is passing us by ~ Tanja

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome To My Zone 3 Garden Diary

How We Improved Our Clay Soil

Tidbits of Inspiration #1 (August long weekend)