Tidbits of Inspo #5 (Potting Shed, Fall Planters, Apple Desserts)
Well, hello! Happy sunny Sunday. Here on the prairies, we are having amazing sunny, warm weather. For another few days, at least. Then it is supposed to go back to seasonal temps.
I have finally felt able enough to go down the stairs and hang out on the patio, so hubby and I go out and sit out there daily, while the sun is shining. I sit there (contentedly, with a smile on my face) and watch all the birds, bees, hoverflies, and even wasps, buzzing about the flowers. It is perfect!
Here are some inspirational links I found for you, this week. Fall gardens, potting sheds, baked donuts, and apple recipes.
Garden Inspo
While they last, Rainbow Seeds from New Brunswick is selling off their 2026 seeds at 40% off. Some really great seeds!
Building our Potting Shed (Part 2) - love both the windows that open outwards and the flooring.
Design a Beautiful Fall Garden Pollinators Will Love - stunning gardens and great inspo.
Fill Patio Pots with Plants that Last from Fall into Winter - some plant ideas you can use, but really, think outside the box and plant it up!
Here are some planters I made in the past, using the thriller, filler, spiller method.
I have always done up pots, baskets, or planters for every season. It gives me such joy to plant things up. These are just three of the many I have made over the years. I also do up smaller planters, of course, but these give you so many ideas.
Vegetable Garden Clean Up: 12 Must-Do Tasks Before Winter - some ideas, in case you are wondering what order to do them in. For us no-dig gardeners, fall is the best time to top dress the beds with more compost. Ready to go in spring, no waiting. And no, the compost will not leach out in the rains or snows.
She Turned 3 Weedy Allotments Into the UK's Best Garden! - this is an amazing garden. Well worth the watch.
Recipes
- Old Fashioned Apple Cake
- The Best Baked Apple Cider Donuts Recipe
- Spice Cake Donuts with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Homemade Hot Fudge (and How to Turn It Into a Holiday Gift Kit)
- Kale Pesto Pasta Recipe - make a pesto out of kale and edamame! Great sounding recipe that I have to try. Edamame is (are?) a lot less expensive than pine nuts.






Comments
Post a Comment